X8 Budget Server
The Private Layer X8 Budget Servers are for companies and individuals who are looking for a strong server, but have a limited budget for the server. These older servers feature reliable, sturdy, well maintained Supermicro chassis that still have a lot of value for the monthly price.
|Price / Month||CPU||Memory||Storage||Port Speed||Billing Mode||Action|
|USD 119||Dual Intel® Xeon X5670 Processors||32GB DDR3 ECC||1TB SSD SATA3||1 Gbps||Metered||Customize Order|
|USD 189||Dual Intel® Xeon X5670 Processors||32GB DDR3 ECC||1TB SSD SATA3||1 Gbps||Unmetered||Customize Order|
|USD 139||Dual Intel® Xeon X5670 Processors||32GB DDR3 ECC||1TB SSD SATA3||10 Gbps||Metered||Customize Order|
|USD 899||Dual Intel® Xeon X5670 Processors||32GB DDR3 ECC||1TB SSD SATA3||10 Gbps||Unmetered||Customize Order|
- 1U Enterprise Supermicro 6016T-NTRF 1U Chassis featuring a X8DTU-F motherboard.
- Dual 1366-pin LGA Sockets
- IPMI 2.0 with virtual media over LAN and KVM-over-LAN support. Customer access to the IPMI is available upon request.
- Intel® 82576 Dual-Port Gigabit Ethernet Controller Featuring VMDq support for better performance of virtualization. Optional Intel Dual-Port 10Gbps Ethernet Contoller.
- Intel® 5520 (Tylersburg) chipset. ICH10R + IOH-36D.
- Dual Intel® Xeon X5670 Processors
- 12 Total Cores - 24 Total Threads
- Max Turbo Frequency 3.33GHz
- Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology
- Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x)
- Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d)
- Intel® VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT)
- 64-bit Instruction Set (Intruction Set Extention Intel® SSE4.2)
- 32GB DDR3 ECC Registered Memory (Standard)
- 64GB DDR3 ECC Registered Memory (Upgrade Available In Cart)
- 128GB DDR3 ECC Registered Memory (Upgrade Available In Cart)
- Server comes with a 1TB SSD primary Drive (Standard)
- Upgrade the primary drive in the Cart
- Add upto 3 additional drives in the Cart
- Hard Drives (7200 RPM) available in the cart: 4TB SATA3, 8TB SATA3, 10TB SATA3, 16TB SATA3
- Solid State Drives available in the cart: 1TB SATA3, 2TB SATA3, 4TB SATA3
- Hardware Raid cards are available by request - contact us
Not sure about what CPU to choose?
Our X8, X9, X10 and X11 server lines each feature processors from different a generation. Here is an analysis of those processors.
The figures to the right represent an evaluation of the the power of each CPU from the independant company PassMark.
As you can see, even though the X8 Budget server has an older generation CPU, the CPU is still quite powerful when compared to some of the newest processors on the market such as the Intel Xeon Gold. In fact, even though the X10 server is one generation before the X11, the CPU has a higher benchmark and will give you more processing power.
The Benchmarks displayed are for a single CPU. All Private Layer Dedicated Servers feature Dual Processors. Keep in mind, that if you are comparing these benchmarks to other single CPU servers from other hosting companies (such as a Xeon E3 processor), then you must double the benchmark figure for the Private Layer server.
Do you have any questions or need a custom quote?